Friday, May 6, 2011

Sweet Rosemary Rolls

 
Sweet Rosemary Rolls  I got this from a magazine a couple of years ago, but I don’t remember which one.

1 package dry active yeast
¼ cup honey
1 ½ cups warm water
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 6-inch sprig fresh rosemary, fine chopped, or 2 Tbsp. dried
1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
2 to 3 cups flour

In a medium mixing bowl, combine yeast, honey, and water.  Cover and set aside in a warm place for 10 minutes, or until foamy.  Add oil, salt, rosemary, and whole wheat flour and mix well.  Stir in white flour ½ cup at a time until a stiff dough has formed.

Turn out dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, adding flour as necessary, until dough is smooth and elastic.  Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap or a towel, and set in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch down and shape into 8 balls and place on a greased baking sheet.  I make about 30 small balls and place them in a greased cake pan. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

Note:  When I make this in my Kitchen Aid, I skip the hand kneading. I don’t place it in an oiled bowl either.  I leave it in the Kitchen Aid bowl and cover it with a towel.  I always use fresh rosemary.

No comments:

Post a Comment