Friday, June 20, 2014

No More Dehydrated Hash Brown Potatoes, Making Frozen Fruit Bars.

The dehydrated hash brown potatoes were a hit around here for the adults.  They are a pain to make, but so easy to use.  Well worth the time and energy.

The dried apples are the favorite food for the little children around here.  There are a lot of apples this year, so I will be making more.

I took the strawberries that were frozen last year and the year before and pureed them with coconut water.  Then added a little sweetener and made frozen fruit bars and poured the extra into ice cube trays.  Only one child tried one so far.  She didn't like it.  I have been putting the ones from the ice cube trays into protein drinks and love it.
I didn't measure anything.  I figured the consistency didn't matter since it would be frozen.  All I cared about was that it didn't taste like coconut and was sweet enough that the kids would eat it, but not too sweet to become fruit flavored sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment