Friday, June 17, 2011

Chicken Fontina

Chicken Fontina   This recipe came from my co-worker who worked at Olive Garden when this was on the menu.

3 to 4 boneless chicken breasts
1 very large bunch of spinach leaves, cut into bite size pieces.
½ lb pasta, cooked (I use spaghetti or angel hair)
garlic
mushrooms (optional)  (I never add them)
2 pkgs “Knorr Swiss” white sauce mix.  (See Note at the bottom.)
olive oil
white pepper (black pepper is fine too)
¼ pound Fontina Cheese, grated

Sauté chicken in olive oil.  Let cool and cut into bite size pieces.  Make white sauce mix according to package directions.  Mix in grated Fontina Cheese.  Season to taste with pepper.
Put chicken back into pan over medium heat.  Add garlic and mushrooms.  Add spinach.  Cook until spinach is wilted.  Mix in the white sauce and pour over pasta.

NOTE: I usually can’t find the Swiss mix.  I use the Four Cheese mix.  On rare occasions I have some Swiss cheese in the refrigerator and add some of it.
NOTE:  I gave the quantity on the only ones that came with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment