Friday, June 17, 2011

Dried Bananas

Dried Bananas

I have dried bananas and I think they taste terrible.  My family loves the flavored ones I make.  Store bought dried bananas are deep fried.

Here is what to do if you want to give them a try:

Slice into ¼ inch slices.
They turn brown quickly and get slimy if you try to dip them in lemon juice water.  I sprinkle them lightly with fruit fresh.  Then I place them on a wire baking rack that has waxed paper under it.  Sprinkle them with Jello.  My family likes the strawberry or strawberry banana Jello flavor.  Turn the banana slices over and sprinkle the other side.  Then put the slices on the dehydrator trays and dry at 150 degrees until dry.  These can be pliable or brittle.  If you have the mesh tray liners, be sure and use them.  The bananas stick to the trays.

No comments:

Post a Comment